Monday, February 13, 2012

Status report

I'm finding this useful to keep myself motivated, so I think I'll keep it up.

Slowly ramping up the reps on my desk exercises, which I'm taking as a good sign.  Basically going at them until it begins to be something I have to push myself to do, then going a little further.  Not going too far past since it's been a while since I exercised for real and I don't want to hurt myself, but making a point of keeping track and making sure that it's actually an effort, since it's kinda pointless otherwise.

I've got a nice little set of exercises going on, trying to work various muscles.  Not really doing much in the cardio area at the moment, since that's always been a major week spot for me and I want to build up some momentum.  Not to mention I sweat at the drop of a hat as is and I don't want to get all bleah at work.  So long as I keep making progress I'll see about a gym membership or something where I'll have access to a shower and start working on that.  The fact that I've been motivated to keep things up this long is a good sign for me, well on the way to making this a habit.

Took my first weight measurement last week, making weigh in Friday nights.  It was actually better then I thought, but still not close to where I want to be.  I'm not going for 'Biggest Looser' loss here, I really only need to drop about 30-40 pounds to be happy.  Basically, I just want to be leaner and healthier, and reverse the trend of slow weight gain I've been on for years now.  Frankly if I can be where I want at the end of the year I'll be happy.

I've been working on my diet as well, eating more chicken and fish and less red meat.  Been doing well with the vegetables a while now, thanks to the steam in the bag packs they have now.  Best things ever IMHO, especially if you avoid the ones in sauce. I do need to work on my portions, but I've always been a big eater.  I'm working on making my cut off point the 'Eh, I could eat a little more' point instead of the 'I'm full' or worse the 'I'm stuffed' point.

Investing is starting to look up again.  The stock I complained about last time bottomed out at the point where I still was technically making money on it.  I'd basically be out the commission cost of selling if I were to sell at this point.  It pays a nice dividend, so hopefully I'll be able to hold onto it and let the dividend eat away at that cost until I can make a profit selling it.  That's the plan anyways.  It's fun being at this stage where I can afford to take risks, but at the same time you don't ever want to be throwing away money.

Costume is proceeding slowly, picked up a couple items over the weekend at the thrift store that might be used as part of it.  Trying to decide just how far I want to go with the 'mad' angle.  Most likely it will wind up being something I try to design to be upscale-able so I can add onto it as time goes by and I learn new tricks or find new things to add.

Anyhow, that's about where things are.  Economy is creeping forward and hopefully will pick up some momentum soon.  Politicians  are still prime examples of Wil's Laws, and that's about all the time I feel like spending on them.  Be safe and be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment